Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Hiking Challenge Photo Contest - New Story

Amy has entered the Best Hat/Head Covering category and it's a beauty. Check out the hat and her fun story:

Year: 2015
Location: Fantasy Canyon, Utah
Whose in the photo: Amy Brunvand
Why it's a favorite: My friend Amanda and I went out to Fantasy Canyon on a whim because I saw it on a map.  We didn't know what we would find there and it turned out to be amazing and wonderful.  We took our kids who have known each other since they were infants, and they pretended they didn't want to go but they liked it when we got there.  I'm wearing a dark green wool hat that is at least 30 years old by now.  My friend Lori gave it to me after her dog ate my blue wool hat. There's a Norwegian enamel butterfly pin stuck in the hatband that I've had since I was 15 years old.   If you looked through my hiking photos you'd see a lot of this particular hat.  I especially like this photo because it looks like I have rocks sprouting out of my head, which is exactly what I was going for when I took it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment